Monday, August 8, 2011

Finally he came back!!

After six long weeks, my son finally came back home! Well, to be precise, we brought him home. His hair was over grown, bushy and nappy, but he had a nice tan. All the other kids are outside waiting to be either picked up by their parents or seeing others off until the vans take them to the city. Some are already crying:( We could tell they had so much fun and formed strong friendship with one another.

In the car, he was very quiet and not taking to us at all. We asked him what was wrong and his reply was "I miss the camp!!!!!" As soon as he said that he started receiving text messages right and left.
I knew deep down he loves music, but in a small town like ours, he had no one to really share his passion. Most of the kids at his school are more into sports than music. It was really a lonely thing for him, but now he had founds new friends who can totally relate to each other and joke about the things only they'll "get it".
This is a new chapter in his life. We'll have a new teacher upon encouragement from his current teacher. His teacher's busy touring schedule and the distance between us just won't allow them to work in most efficient way. I knew it was coming, but I am grateful that his teacher really genuinely think of my son's future and this is the best thing for him. Weekly lessons will really get him to the next level, hopefully. With his newly found motivation and enthusiasm, I am optimistic.

5 comments:

weirsdo said...

Yes. Mall Diva had few real friends before music camp.

weirsdo said...

P. S., she is even now preparing a scrapbook of her two years at Bowdoin for her Bowdoin roommate's birthday. She just lives for the summers.

violinomama said...

Isn't that wonderful! This kind of friendship will last forever. My son's been skyping with his camp friends often and that makes his day:)

weirsdo said...

WIll he be returning? I hope all is going well with his music.

violinomama said...

Yes, he will be returning to the same camp. He is counting the days!
He is enthusiastic about music than ever and good thing is he is getting his weekly lessons now instead of once a month:) I am on the side line now he is self sufficient in practicing which gives me more time for my other children:)